The students have been heavily involved in discussions and decisions about what we want our school to look like and have developed the following vision statement:
We are developing programs, strategies, structures and processes to ensure this vision is a reality now and into the future.Our PBL program is based on the core values of :
- Responsibility and
- Ready to Learn
By enrolling at Swansea High School students agree to:
- Show respect at all times for teachers, other school staff and helpers
- Follow class rules, speak courteously and comply with instructions
- Treat one another with dignity and respect. Behaviour that infringes on the safety of others, such as violence, harassment, bullying and illegal or anti-social behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Behave safely, considerately and responsibly, including when travelling to and from school
- Care for property belonging to themselves, the school and others
- Maintain a neat appearance, including adhering to the requirements of the school's uniform or dress code policy.
Ready to Learn
- Attend every school day, unless they are legally excused
- Be at class on time with all required equipment and books
- Complete all work to the best of their ability.
These behaviour guidelines provide the foundation for success at Swansea High. The critical role of parents and care-givers is recognised as the primary influence on each child's character and behaviour. Parents and care-givers are essential partners in supporting our students to achieve their personal best and we look forward to working with you and the wider community to achieve this goal.
There are curriculum, co-curriculum and extra-curriculum programs to support the achievement of personal best that you can identify and learn about by clicking on the appropriate button from the main menu.
All of the administrative information relating to attendance, uniform, fees and payments, medical information and the answers to the most frequently asked questions are in the parent section of the main menu.
I look forward to a productive and positive partnership with all parents / carers and ask you to communicate any issues you have, so we can address and hopefully improve the situation.
Please contact me, Andrew Pesle, to arrange an enrolment interview.